Many people who participate in addiction treatment programs lead busy lives; parents, professionals, community leaders, and others keep tight schedules. An intensive outpatient program for addiction, also known as IOP treatment, has specific requirements for participants.
The average amount of time required to complete an intensive outpatient program varies. In general, IOP treatment averages about 12 hours a week for three months. This is only an average. Programs are often shorter or longer, depending on the participant.
Regardless of how much time you need to commit to your intensive outpatient program near Inglewood, you must keep one thing in mind: this program is important. It could very well be the most important task of your life.
The journey to recovery begins by committing yourself. Consistently missing sessions is considered a relapse risk. If you need IOP addiction treatment near Inglewood, CA, contact Virtues Behavioral Health by calling 855.579.8599.
Meeting IOP Treatment Time Requirements
Finding the time for an intensive outpatient program in Los Angeles can seem like a challenge at first. However, there are some things you can do to free up time to participate in your IOP treatment as required.
Make Time for an Intensive Outpatient Program Near Inglewood, CA
People need to revise their daily schedules to make time for pressing issues; it’s a fact of life. When you need IOP treatment, there is no issue more important. Priorities need to be in order, and some of the best ways you can free up time to properly commit to your treatment are to:
- Deal with things only once.
- Make good use of waiting time.
- Write things down.
- Be direct and decisive, and move on.
- Ease up on household chores for a while.
- Be aware of time-sucking activities.
These tips are also applicable to daily life once you’ve completed your program. We’ll look at each in more detail below.
Find Time for Your IOP Treatment Near Inglewood, Ca
- Deal with things only once. If a towel is on the floor, don’t pick it up just to toss it on the sink. All that does is move the mess. Move the towel from the floor to the laundry hamper. You won’t waste time picking up the towel again later. It only takes a second, but those seconds add up.
- Use waiting time efficiently. If you need to write out a budget and go pick up your daughter from practice, bring what you need to do a budget while you’re waiting in the lot for her.
- To-do lists are easy to forget. Write things down. You won’t have to squeeze in forgotten tasks later at an inconvenient time.
- Be decisive with things, and move on. Much time is wasted by being indecisive, and that time can quickly add up.
- Let some of the housework wait. Housework takes a lot of time, but if you can find ways to make housework easier, you might find that you have more time in your schedule for treatment. For instance, buy machine-washable rugs instead of carpets that need frequent steam-cleaning.
- Be aware of daily activities that seem to erase time right off the clock. These are things like watching TV, browsing social media, and online window shopping.
IOP Addiction Treatment Near Inglewood, CA at Virtues Behavioral Health
At Virtues Behavioral Health, our professionals are committed to providing sustainable, effective treatment with compassionate care. Our priority is providing the support you need to recover and avoid relapse. Don’t put off addiction treatment because you don’t have room in your schedule. Instead, make investing in yourself a priority. When you’re ready to begin your journey to wellness, contact our team by calling 855.579.8599.